North-South-South project "Pilot Research Data Center"
The North-South-South (NSS) Workshop on "Pilot Research Data Centre" will be held from Monday, 28 January, till Sunday, 3 February 2013, in The Reef Hotel, Nyali Beach, Mombasa (Kenya).STARLab will give a tutorial on ontologies.
Kenya is a country in East Africa that lies on the equator with the Indian Ocean to its south-east. Kenya has a land area of 580,000 km2 and a population of a little over 43 million residents.The country is named after Mount Kenya, a significant landmark and second among Africa's highest mountain peaks. Its capital and largest city is Nairobi.
- prof. Edwin Ataro (Moi University, Kenya)
- prof. Girum Ketema (Jimma University, Ethiopia)
- prof. Bernard Manderick (Vrije Universiteit Brussels)
Agenda (to be updated)
1) Institutional Research Repository Policy (Dr. Berhanu Belay and Dr. Biruk Haile from Jimma University)
2) Repository (Marc Govaerts, Anteneh Fentahun, Pamela Marinda)
3) Open access policies (Marc Govaerts and Anteneh Fentahun)
3) An exposition on the existing practice of the ICT project at Jimma University (Girum Ketema, Luc Duchateau)
4) Tutorial on Ontologies (Yan Tang)
5) Tutorial on Mobile Computing Platforms
7) An overview of methods and/or open source software for statistical analysis of research data (Luc Duchateau)
8) An overview of and/or open source software for machine learning and data mining of research data (Bernard Manderick,Peter Waigano,Jonatan Taminau.
9) The way forward to finalise the NSS project
Background of NSS
It is a currently running ICT project financed by the VLIR IUC program. It started on 1 April 2011 and will end on 31 March 2013.