Process Oriented Learning and Information Exchange)
Period (yyyy-mm-dd): 2005-12-01 ~ 2008-11-30
Members: Yan Tang, Peter De Baer, Dr. Gang Zhao
- Summary: PROLIX is a 48-months research and development integrated project co-funded by the European Commission under the Sixth Framework Programme, Priority 2 "Information Society Technologies".
The objective of PROLIX is to align learning with business processes in order to enable organisations to faster improve the competencies of their employees according to continuous changes of business requirements.
To reach this goal, PROLIX develops an open, integrated reference architecture for process-oriented learning and information exchange.
PROLIX supports a complete learning process life cycle, comprising:
- the analysis of complex business situations;
- the identification of individual and organisational learning goals;
- the analysis of competencies and their matching with individual skills
- the definition of appropriate learning strategies and the simulation of competency-oriented processes;
- the execution of improved learning processes;
- the monitoring of learners’ performance according to the goals defined.
STARlab contribution: ontology creation and evolution methodology and tool kit, annotation methodology and toolkit to link up (anchor) NL-concepts in competency descriptions and business/learning models to an ontology, consultancy for the methodologies, training of end users.