How to reach us?
1. STAR Lab, located at the V.U.B. Campus in South-East end of Brussels (see below for campus details)
To reach the V.U.B. campus from the center of Brussels, there are several options (also see here):
- By train: From one of the train stations Brussel South ("Midi", "Zuid"), Brussel Central or Brussel North ("Nord", "Noord"), take the train with direction "Louvain La Neuve/Université". This train stops in Brussel Schuman and Brussel Luxemburg (until recently called Brussel Leopoldswijk/Léopold), then halts at Etterbeek: here you should get off. When exiting the Etterbeek train station, turn right. Passing by the CitiBank tower, the V.U.B. campus is ahead. The walk takes around 10-15 minutes. Consult the time tables of the Belgian Railway Company.
- By underground (metro):
Two metro stations are located near the V.U.B. & U.L.B. university campuses: "Petillon" and "Delta". When coming from the "Centraal Station / Gare Centrale", take the subway line 1A (see underground map or go to offical web site of Brussels Mass Transit Company), direction H. Debroux. The best is to get off at "Petillon". Take the exit "V.U.B." (Vrijwilligerslaan/Avenue des Volontaires), turn right and continue till you reach the campus (gate 7 on the figure below). When getting off in "Delta", follow the exit sign "V.U.B./U.L.B.". You surface on a small road running through the U.L.B. ("campus de la Plaine"). Follow this road until you arrive on the V.U.B. campus.
- By tram (about every 20 minutes): Line 23 and 90 stop at the tram station 2e Lanciers that is in the middle of the street. This street is called the Generaal Jacqueslaan. Just cross it into the direction of the trees, this is the campus of the university.
STOP AT: 2e lanciers
Zuidstation/Gare du Midi (M)(B)
Noordstation/GARE DU NORD (M)(B)
STOP AT: 2e Lanciers
Zuidstation/GARE DU MIDI (M)(B)
- By bus (about every 10 minutes): bus 95 and 96 pass by the V.U.B.
Surest thing is to get of at the stop "Etterbeek", which is located in front of the train station. From there, follow the same direction as from the train station to arrive at the V.U.B. campus.
STOP AT: Etterbeek Station
STOP AT: Etterbeek Station
You can get more details on tram, metro and bus from the MIVB site.
- By taxi: ask the driver to go to the following address :
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
1050 Elsene (Brussels)
The driver should take V.U.B. campus entrance 6, located on the street called'Triomflaan'. Instruct him/her to follow the driveway to building G, located on the right side (F-G are the tallest buildings).
- By car: base your access on the directions above for the taxi. You turn right directly on Triomflaan when approaching from the south via General Jacqueslaan; when coming via this road from the north you first have to turn onto a middle sorting lane, approx. 100 meters before the crossing with Triomflaan (in fact 50 meters even before the preceding crossing). Use entrance 6, and you may find a parking spot in the garage under building G (access is free). Also consult the indications on "how to reach us" by the V.U.B.
- From the airport: A taxi from the airport will cost you euro 25. Three trains every hour leave from Brussels National Airport to the city-centre. From there a taxi will cost you from euro 6 to euro 10. Best is to take the train to "Brussel Centraal", then the metro 1A (H Debroux) and get off at "Petillon". Total time is around 1 hour. By car it takes (making abstraction of potential traffic jams) you half an hour ( Highway Brussels-Zaventem; Leopold III-Laan, turn left at the General Wahislaan; Auguste Reyerslaan; continue until you reach the campus (General Jacqueslaan).
2. STAR Lab on the V.U.B. Campus
V.U.B. Campus, Brussels, Belgium. We are located in Building G, 10th floor, room 10G731 The figure below shows an overview of the V.U.B. university campus: Should you loose track on the university's campus you can always ask someone to call the secretaries office of our department (internal number 33 08). Above, you find an overview map of the university campus :
(Building G is in the upper left corner of the map). The G building is interconnected with the F building ( BTW these are the tallest buildings on campus). There are three large cylinrical elevator shafts, best take the one in the middle connecting F and G. Leaving these elevators on the 10th floor, turn left for STAR Lab.
Note: V.U.B. should not be confused with U.L.B. (our friendly neighbour, but a bewildering walk away if the taxi drops you unwittingly on the wrong campus). Similarly V.U.B.'s STAR Lab should not be confused with a private - now defunct - company with the same name in Brussels that was founded later but has no connections with our lab.
V.U.B. Campus, Brussels, Belgium. We are located in Building G, 10th floor, room 10G731
The figure below shows an overview of the V.U.B. university campus:
Should you loose track on the university's campus you can always ask someone to call the secretaries office of our department (internal number 33 08). Above, you find an overview map of the university campus :